Friday, August 13, 2010

day 6

Today was my first day of work at Textbook Brokers, which lasted from 9:25 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. (approximately). It is a hectic, trial-by-fire workplace, but all the workers are very friendly and the boss means business but he has a kind heart. I enjoyed working and the time passed very quickly. Tomorrow we have a meeting at 9 a.m.

Alicia and I had an incredible experience at Wal-Mart. We were studying the ingredients of a Tony's pizza, and discovered that it contained rennet. I could attempt to furnish an explanation of why we do not eat rennet, but a Google search would explain the substance better than I could. We placed the pizza back in the freezer and chorused, "I wish we could eat that". A lady near us overheard and said, "Would you like me to treat you to a pizza?". I was flabbergasted at her generosity.

I suppose that was "southern hospitality".


.pc

Location:S Tyler St,Little Rock,United States

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time I offered to buy lunch for my client John Kador {a journalist and author by trade}. It was the right thingy to do of course, since he had already paid me thousands of dollars to put a small addition on his house, and some other remodeling chores. He replied: "I don't have the strength of character to refuse." Well put, I thought, so we had lunch. My Treat!

    ReplyDelete