Saturday, August 14, 2010

day 7

Things you will not find in Little Rock: an abundance of McDonald's, a Dunkin' Donuts, a SpeedWay, a Dairy Queen, a BP gas staion, or a Menards.

Things you will find in Little Rock: Helpful, friendly people who are in no hurry to push you out the door, and roadways that would make Dale Earnhardt smile.

Today in our local Walgreens, the manager stopped us in the wine section, I assumed he was going to card us. This was not true. Instead he took the time to recommend his favorite wine of the selection, and inform us about its winery, which is a few hours away. He also described the local church and restaurants in Altus, Arkansas, where 3 wineries exist.

Work went well, I love being surrounded by books, and my attention to detail is paying off. I just have to stay focused because next week (the starting week of school) will be extremely hectic. Any mistake could mean a big financial loss for the store, and I do not want to see that, as I really look up to, and appreciate the company of, the people I work for.

Alicia has an interview at Best Buy tomorrow!


.pc

Location:S Tyler St,Little Rock,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment